Wednesday 5 June 2013

Girly Grunge: Outfit Post

Oh hey ladies!

Today I did a little thing called finishing my degreeeee! eeeeeeeek! I am just too happy right now (no more referencing for the rest of my days, alleluia!) but before I go and consume unhealthy amounts of alcohol I thought I'd show you what I wore to our end of year performing arts committee meal last night at Bungalows and Bears. Their burgers are just outrageous...

Dress- Primark
Jacket- Primark
Boots- Next*
Bag- Next*
Bangles-Primark
Headband- New Look
Lips- Kate Moss Lasting Finish Shade '12'
Nails- 17 'Treasure Island'

Seeing as the weather was nice but not too nice I thought I'd combine a summer dress with some grungier bits to create a more edgy evening look. The dress was a five pound bargain from Primark and I love it! It has really pretty crochet detailing on the top half and is a super flattering shape so I know I'll be wearing it loads this summer. The 'leather' jacket was another absolute Primarni bargain as it's a perfect light evening jacket and only came in at about the £15 mark. The boots I'm wearing are probably my very favourite pair of shoes, I was a bit dubious about teaming them with such a girly dress but I do actually really like the effect and it makes me happy that I'll still be getting wear out of them over the next few months. Another favourite has to be my hair, I haven't worn it in a plait since before I had my pixie cut so I'm rather glad I've finally grown it long enough to wear it in one again as it's such an easy style to do and looks really pretty paired with an alice band. You can't really tell in the photos but I'm also wearing the perfect summery red lip- Kate Moss lasting finish in number '12', I'd definitely recommend it if you love corals and want a wearable red lip for the holiday season.

Right I'm off to go and watch the Great Gatsby with my uni friends now before hitting a house party, I may have already starting drinking this afternoon though. shhhhhhh....

Have a lovely night!
Love Meg
x

23 comments:

  1. love this outfit, especially the boots and jacket :')x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfit, exactly the kind of thing I want to wear more of! I need to force myself to start doing bare legs with boots, I tried once and felt like I was being stared at haha :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this outfit! Gorgeous from head to toe! I love a nice white dress with a leather jacket :) xx

    http://beauty-magpie.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Your hair looks prettyyyy

    daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! very pretty and love the hairdo. have fun now :D x

    I Am A Weapon Of Massive Consumption

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's weird, we were in Sheffield a few weeks ago and went to Bungalows and Bears and had the burgers, loved the "sod yoga" sign! Great outfit

    Lemonade Lifestyle xx

    Http://lemonade-lifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous Meg! I love your hair.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing your degree! :-) you look beautiful, I love your jacket! Xx

    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing your degree lovely! Really like this outfit xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a lovely outfit + well done on the degree :)

    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks lovely like this! And that dress is so pretty! Great post xxx

    velvetpassion.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look really lovely, I have that dress too but in the peach looks lovely on you! Definitely going to go back and pick it up in a few more colours!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this blog and Im a new follower!
    Love the peach dress!

    http://countrybumpkinlover.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love Han xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit. The jacket really adds something to the whole look :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww congrats on finishing! Ewww referencing is the bain of my life!
    You look gorge!

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a lovely outfit! I can't believe that both the dress and the jacket are from Primark and at such a good price! Great post and great blog! Thanks for your comment and I'm now following you on Bloglovin'. :)

    heatheresweet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this outfit :) especially the jacket.

    http://louloubella92.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love this outfit, I'm always on the look out for ways to wear summery dresses when the weather isn't so summery :) I think I have that dress, I haven't worn it yet but love it especially the pretty top section :) Their £5 dresses are fast becoming my summer wardrobe staples!
    Congrats on finishing your degree lovely, it's the best feeling in the world isn't it :) :) <3
    Love Holly x

    h-c-style.blogspot.co.uk // h-c-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful outfit, you look lovely in it and your hair looks fantastic as always :) x

    http://a-city-girls-thoughts.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me a happy bunny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs