Monday 22 July 2013

Class of 2013: My Graduation Day & Outfit

Dress- Miss Selfridge
Heels- Dorothy Perkins
Bracelet- Tiffany
Nails- Barry M 'Lychee'

Just a few snaps from my lovely graduation last Tuesday. I had the most perfect time with all of my favourite people and it's very weird to think that me and my friends are all 'adults' now, scary stuff! If you don't know I got a 2.1 in English Literature and Theatre from the University of Sheffield and despite not missing the essays, I am missing living the student life and all my friends a lot right now, boooo. Although saying that we did go on a very fun studenty night out after our family meals- tequila slammers and 5am fast food did manage to get involved... Outfit wise I went for this duck egg blue lace Miss Selfridge dress. I really struggled to find something long enough, comfortable enough and a colour that wouldn't clash with our robes (easier said than done when your robes are pink, green AND furry!). I was so happy to snap this up from the Miss Selfridge website though as I love the skater/prom style fit and I don't actually own anything like it so it'll be a great wardrobe staple for more formal events. Although I do hope that the next time I wear it the weather will be a normal temperature and the look won't be accompanied by a black gown, it was boiling! The shoes were another cheeky new purchase courtesy of my kind Nan and I love them to pieces, every girl needs a pair of platform nude wedges and they also didn't trip me up as I crossed the stage in front of what felt like the whole university. Thank you trusty Dorothy Perkins shoes. I left my hair down and curly so I could keep that rather fetching hat on my head properly, adorned my nails with the Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in 'lychee' and a Nails Inc. glitter topcoat and was rather happy with the finished look and photos my kind dad took (which is good as they'll be plastered round the house and sent to all of our family friends by now). I'll be back later in the week to show you all the nice presents I was lucky enough to be given as some of them came in rather exciting gold packaging...but for now I hope you had a lovely weekend and have a wonderful week!
 
Love Meg

21 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love this dress too, the blue really stands out with your gown!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! You're dress is stunning. You've got me excited for my graduation next year now :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations hun, you look stunning :)

    Kerys | Little Bo Blab
    -xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating Meg!! You look gorgeous!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :) Your dress is lovely,

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked stunning!! Congratulations!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg you look amazing - that dress is beautiful! Huge congratulations!

    Megan xxx
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations - you look lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look incredible! Love what you wore :) congrats on graduating!!!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous & so happy x

    ps your legs are insane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Meg! You look absoloutely gorgeous and i love the outfit! I've never seen fur on robes before! You must have been boiling in the heat we have had this week. Your hair looks amazing - what do you use to colour it?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks lovely! I know, who the hell designs robes with fur hahaa I use the same as you I think, the lightest ash blonde Nice 'n' easy, i think it's called SB1 or something then use Touch of Silver blonde shampoo to tone it :) xxx

      Delete
  12. I love your dress and shoes combo! Congratulations :)


    Lovely blog! Followed :)



    http://anoverheatednorthwestbliss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look absolutely lovely! And congrats on graduating :)

    Claire from Stylingo xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely dress!.. and those heels - amazing

    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    stop by if ya get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations sweet!
    You look beautiful and despite the odd gown colour/fur combination, your outfit is gorgeous! I love that colour on you.
    I can't believe this is me in a years time- I am definitely not ready to be a real adult.
    Good luck for the future, I'm sure you'll do so many amazing things!
    Speak soon,
    Laura xxx

    www.lisforladybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, that's amazing!!
    Love your outfit!
    Would love to visit Sheffield, the accent is amazing - dunno how you got any work done, I'd just be staring at people talking like a creep. x

    Rachael | beautypea

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations, you look fantastic! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on graduating! It's my graduation next year and I am so psyched about it ^^ your dress is so lovely!! You looks amazing :D

    Loves, Biancarosa.
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me a happy bunny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs