Saturday 14 September 2013

AW13 Trend: The cut out shoe

New Look Boots / Primark Shoes* / Primark Tartan Socks*/ Topshop Dolly Socks

As I write this me and my boyfriend are having a cosy Saturday night in snuggled up with episodes of the American office and a tub of Ben and Jerry's while the wind and rain wreaks havoc outside (okay, maybe not havoc but you get the scene I'm trying to create), so I'm well in the mood to write a post about a new autumn/winter trend that I love and may have just invested in. Twice. The cut out shoe has been around for a while with Lily Melrose sporting her Topshop Arabels all summer, but with punk and grunge being the major look of next season they are becoming even hotter right now. Despite being a self confessed girly girl I love a bit of edgy dressing and for some reason shoes with a hole in add that bit of edge to any outfit. I got the boots in New Look a couple of weeks ago for about £28 because I desperately wanted some more exciting footwear for the cold weather and I've got to say I'm actually a bit in love with them. The cut outs look cool, the heel is the perfect width and height to be really comfy but still elongate my short little legs and I love the buckle and strap detailing too. My love of these boots led me to covet cut out flats so I literally pounced on these cut out dolly shoes when I saw them in Tottenham Court Road Primark last week for only £12. My mum thought they were ugly and I think some of my friends may agree but I personally think they're so cute and the embodiment of school girl grunge which is also having a bit of a fashion moment. Tartan skirt anyone? So far I've worn both pairs of footwear with everything from skater dresses to printed trousers to shorts so they're both super versatile. They look good just worn with bare feet but I also really love pairing them with statement socks like tartan print and lace trimmed ones as it's practical weather wise and adds a nice bit of colour and detail. So what if your Dad asks you where the rest of your shoe has gone...

Are you currently coveting the cut outs? 

12 comments:

  1. lovely shoes :)


    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cut out boots, I have a tan pair and worn them to death already. Think I'll get a black pair too!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to get these shoes after seeing them on Hannah Louise Fashion's Instagram but my Primark didn't have them Wahh :( snap with both of those sockies though! :)

    www.liv-in-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this trend but can't justify paying some prices because they're so unpractical for the english weather! Although, I am loving those Primark ones!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable, I love the school girl socks & shoes look too!
    If you're really after a kick ass tartan mini skirt, get yourself to Mango, they have such an amazing grunge range at the moment! Lusting after their tartan pants & leather sports lux skirts

    Kerys | Little Bo Blab
    -xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the New Look boots with the tartan socks - that looks so cute!! I'd never think to wear ankle socks with these kind of boots!! Fab post as always hun :) hope you've enjoyed your cosy Saturday night in!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the primark ones, I need to get my hands on them!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the cut out style, but I don't know how practical they will be in winter when it's raining... maybe some wet feet

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for a cut out shoe, just love the look of peeping socks! Are the primark ones recent Meg?! Hope you enjoyed your cosy saturday night :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the boots!

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this trend, especially with cute socks as above!
    I'm just a little worried about splurging on a pair in fear that my feet will freeze when it gets really, really cold!

    x
    www.rebelinthedetails.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Post what you said is really helpful to me. I can't agree with you anymore. I have been talking with my friend about, he though it is really interesting as well. Keep up with your good work, I would come back to you.best crossfit shoes for men

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for making me a happy bunny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs